Yesterday I finally completed Thesis Quest -- that being the running around doing all the necessary paperwork and errands necessary to submit my thesis and be finished for this semester! Here's what I had to do:
- Pick up printed thesis from the printers.
- Take signature sheets and get signatures from the 3 members of my thesis committee. Two of them are in CS, but one is a little walk away in Education.
- Put theses together, ensure all pages are there, in order, and are in the correct orientation (I found a couple pages upside down!).
- Take theses to FGSR where they are inspected. Fill out forms at FGSR.
- Take a form up to financial services to pay microfilming fee
- Take theses across campus to the Tory building for binding. Fill out more paperwork and spend more money. Estimated binding time: 12 weeks.
- Return form to FGSR. In my case, go by CS to print out the CV that I forgot to bring with me in the first place.
I had 15 minutes to run to do the bindery part of the quest before they closed. Thankfully I got there in time so I was able to finish yesterday. Hooray! So now, after a few hundred dollars in printing fees, bindery fees, and tuition/microfilming fees, I am now ready to be graduated in June! Hooray!
It looks like I'll be working for Jonathan for 6 months or so starting in February. It'll be pretty nice to not worry about schooling and just work a fairly normal 9-5 sort of thing. The trick will be getting myself back into a routine I haven't done in several months. We'll have to see how that goes!